This three-part series explores the challenges and joys of parenting toddlers. Each session provides practical tips on how to navigate and support your family as a working parent.
There’s no doubt the toddler years are challenging for most parents. As we are confronted with changes in our child’s behaviour we may feel unsure of how to deal with the demands and changes required. What’s more, the entry into toddlerhood is often coupled with a parent’s return to work. This can be an unsettling time for both parent and toddler as everyone adjusts to different routines.
The first module for this three-part course will enhance a parent’s understanding of the developmental stages of your toddler. Once we have a better understanding of what is actually happening for our child it provides us with profound insight into the science behind their behaviour!
In module two, parents have the opportunity to discuss and understand some of the common challenges of toddlerhood and then explore ways to deal with these situations.
In module three, we will look at why it is essential that parents and children have opportunities to enjoy and delight in each other - this is the most important aspect of all. There are small ways that families can reconnect that have profound impacts for you and your child.
Module One - Understanding Your Toddler’s Development
- Toddler brain development - this is the foundation for understanding your toddler
- Milestones - an introduction to general toddler development
- Exploring our expectations of toddlers
Module Two - Common Challenges
- Tantrums - what they are and how to deal with them
- Fussy eating - what are the nutritional requirements for my toddler and how to manage meal times
- Toilet Training - when is the right time to start toilet training? How do I start toilet training? What can I do when it’s not going well?
- Routines and Cooperation – Strategies to help with leaving the house in the morning; getting children in their car seat, packing up toys, leaving the park.
Module Three - Enjoying Your Toddler
- What’s getting in the way? Managing the demands of work and home to spend ‘quality time’ with your toddler
- Explore strategies that achieve great outcomes for both parent and toddler - including the most important thing for a toddler… play!
- Ways to enhance your relationship with your toddler that promote self-esteem, resilience and connection with each other
- Three x 1-hour group sessions over 3 weeks PLUS
- One-on-one direct access to the parenting educator/course facilitator between the sessions
- A printable workbook to use at home and practice your new strategies
- Each module will consist of slides that highlight key points for the webinar.
- Additional resources (such as online videos) will be provided during and following the webinar to consolidate learning
- Questions, discussion and interaction are encouraged - the greatest learning comes from sharing
- A recording of each session in case you miss it or would like to share with another.
- Bring a family member to the session for FREE
Who is this course for?
Anyone who currently cares for or is likely to care for in the future a child under the age of 5.
Register via the below enrol link and you will be sent the course toolkit/workbook and details about the webinar you are enroled in. On the webinar itself you will be able to interact with the parenting educator and ask questions via email throughout the three week period the course is running.
You can dial in to the webinar by phone or online so it's easy to participate from home.