Tony Abbott has recently announced changes to the Paid Parental Leave Scheme. Are there any ‘wins’ for working parents? And what are these? Working parents find out more at the Career After Kids forum and learn how to calculate how the changes will effect you and your family.
What is Career After Kids?
Career After Kids is designed for parents looking for practical tips and solutions to manage career as a working parent. These forums bring together parents preparing for leave and returning to work to discuss the challenges and success factors related to managing and advancing your career as a parent.
The Career After Kids Forum is an intimate, group based forum ￼￼facilitated by leading experts in the field who have collaborated to combine their professional insights and experiences.
The panel presenters (see the guest speaker list on page 2) will use the ‘5 Return to Work Building Blocks’ to offer tips and guidance, around:
- How to prepare and adjust to life as a working parent
- Reviewing career and exploring flexible work options
- Reflecting on personal career and life plans
- Learning from the experiences of others
- How to create work-life balance and manage career as a working parent
Who should attend?
Parents on leave ready to return to work, those returning to work and parents who are already back at work.
- Create and sustain a family friendly, flexible workplace through supporting employees
- Attract, support and retain talented parents
- Creative solutions provide confidence in implementing a balanced work environment with an engaging workplace culture
- Professional guidance on managing career as a working parent
- Access to coaching experts and help in developing resilience, confidence, perspective and balance
Upcoming 2014 Forums
11 June – Melbourne, Level 11, 360 Collins Street (1.00pm – 2.30pm)
16 September – Sydney, 275 Kent Street (10.00am – 11.30am)
22 October – Melbourne, Level 11, 360 Collins Street (1.00pm – 2.30pm)
11 November – Online via teleconference (11.00am – 12noon)
For information about the speakers and testimonials from past participants open the flyer… Career After Kids Flyer.
Contact Diane from Parents@Work on 02 9967 8377 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Proudly Supporting the Gidget Foundation
The Gidget Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation whose mission is to raise awareness of perinatal anxiety and depression amoungst women and their families.